You would like to see more visitors through Google, but you do not know where to start? Or which optimization measures really lead to success?. Do not wretched! Below we’ve put together the 5 most important SEO measures that can help you improve your blogs Google ranking.
Blogs Google Ranking
1. Do keyword research
Keyword research is the most important and basic SEO measure you can do for your blog!
Many bloggers make the mistake of not doing any keyword research at all. Or they do not spend enough time optimizing their blog posts for keywords that they end up with little access to through Google.
The biggest mistakes you can make in keyword research are:
- To optimize for keywords with too strong competition
- Not looking at the search volume and optimizing for keywords that no pig looks for
- Not checking which keywords your blogs are already getting traffic to and optimizing them (eg with the Google Search Console )
- Paying no attention to the user intention behind a keyword
- You’re using a bad or, worse, no keyword tool
Improve blogs Google ranking on Google through keyword research.
2. Write great content (and help Google understand it)
Content is everything. The foundation for all your marketing efforts. Be it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google. To be successful, your content should be:
- Linguistically and factually correct,
- Well structured,
- Up-to-date and
- Be readable.
But your content can be so impressive – if Google does not understand it, you will not improve your blogs Google ranking.
So you need to adjust it a bit so that Google can classify it as relevant to a particular query:
- Include the main keyword and side keywords (W-questions, synonyms, long-tail keywords) that you found in keyword research
- Think about what search engine users who enter this keyword on Google really need (a buyer persona can help) and try to make them happy with your blog article
- Create a nice meta description and a meta title that invite you to click in the search results.
- Long articles are often better, because more text gives you more options to respond to the multiple intentions of search engine users and to include more keywords
- Google is a text-based search engine, meaning old tags and descriptive filenames for pictures are required to help Google understand your content better
3. Offer a good user experience
Google’s goal is to meet the user intention behind every search as quickly and easily as possible.
This includes not sending search engine users to web pages that are insecure, slow to load or incorrectly displayed on the device the user is using.
For that you should implement the following points:
- Optimize your blog for different devices, resolutions and browsers (keyword: Responsive Design!)
- Make sure your content is readable (font size, line spacing, color choice, clear design, etc.)
- Improve your loading time (best under 2 seconds)
- Change your blog to HTTPS (without mixed content, domain validated is sufficient)
- Avoid annoying or aggressive ads (eg pop-ups that can not be closed or ads that cover the whole screen)
- Protect your WordPress installation from hackers (keep plugins, themes and WordPress up to date, use secure passwords, etc.)
4. Let me link
If you want to improve your ranking on Google, backlinks, ie linking your website from other websites, are essential. Without backlinks you will not come to the first page in Google search results, at least not permanently and / or for keywords with stronger competition.
It is not only important that your start page is linked, but also the blog articles or subpages, for which you want to get higher in the ranking.
For example, to get more links, you can:
- Participate in blog parades or organize one yourself
- Write guest posts (and have guest authors write to you)
- Be active in forums
- Comment on other blog
- Write a blog article that is easily linked (helpful guides, controversial or emotional blog posts)
- Make link exchange
- Give an interview and interview someone else on your blog in return
- Sign up for high quality and thematically relevant blog directories
5. Link your blog articles internally
How do you link your blog articles internally, Google shows, which weighting they have.
By additionally linking with keyword in the link text (also called anchor text), Google can also better classify your blog articles by topic.
We also like to link my most important blog articles page-wide. In the footer, in the menu or in the sidebar. blogs Google ranking.